GlobalOregon Offers One Day Think Tank to Promote Use of Oregon Technology and Expertise in Developing Countries
WHAT: GlobalOregon is an initiative of the Global Health Center at Oregon Health & Science University that brings together academia, non-profit, for-profit and government entities throughout the state of Oregon. The goal is to develop innovative, sustainable solutions that employ Oregon technologies and expertise to promote development and health of low-income populations. The method for doing so is fostering exchange across professional disciplines.
Highlights of the one day think tank include:
- Keynote Address: Tom Potiowsky, State Economist
- Thom Hartmann, former Air America Broadcaster and political commentator
- Discussion: How can we help prevent another generation of HIV orphans?
- Discussion: What constitutes sustainable development when starting with nothing but poverty, pollution and disease?
- Opportunities to meet colleagues from different professions with similar interests
WHEN: Saturday, May 8, 2010, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
WHERE: Oregon Health & Science University, Old Library Auditorium – 3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland.
DETAILS: The event is free, but advance registration is requested. To register, or to get more information, please visit www.globaloregon.org.