The Oregon Health & Science University Foundation today announced the appointment of five new or returning members to the foundation’s board of trustees.
At the board’s Dec. 15, 2010 meeting, the following individuals were authorized to serve board terms beginning Jan. 1, 2010:
- Maureen D. Casey, partner, Casey Enterprises, a development and construction company based in California
- Mark P. Goodman, vice president, Downtown Development Group, a parking and real estate development company
- J. Clayton Hering, president, C.E.O. and partner, Norris, Beggs & Simpson, a commercial real estate company
- J. Greg Ness, president and C.E.O., StanCorp Financial Group, Inc. and Standard Insurance Company
- Nicholas J. Stanley, strategic partner, Veber Partners; and president, Stanley Investment Management, both private investment companies
The OHSU Foundation is a nonprofit organization that raises private philanthropic support and manages donated funds on behalf of OHSU. The foundation’s board of trustees is composed of distinguished civic leaders and members of Oregon’s business communities. Trustees are responsible for formulating long-range goals, policies and operating procedures for the foundation. Trustees may serve a maximum of two consecutive four-year terms before a mandatory one-year hiatus.
The OHSU Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization that exists to secure private philanthropic support to advance Oregon Health & Science University’s vital missions, and to invest and manage gifts responsibly to honor donors’ wishes. The foundation raises funds from individuals, companies, foundations and organizations, and invests and manages gifts in accordance with donors’ wishes.