Macular Degeneration and Low Vision Expo
Age-related macular degeneration is the leading cause of new adult blindness in the U.S.
Saturday, April 9, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Registration requested; see details below.)
Doubletree Hotel – Lloyd Center, 1000 N.E. Multnomah St. Portland, OR 97232
The expo is free and open to the public and will feature:
- Packed morning and afternoon program featuring nationally prominent vision experts from OHSU Casey Eye Institute
- Exhibitors from across the Pacific Northwest demonstrating new technologies, visual aids and community resources
- Art and hobby showcase by Oregonians with vision loss
- Guest speaker Robert Purvis, Ph.D.
- Free registration (register in advance by visiting ohsucasey.com/expo or calling 503-494-8511)
- Free on-site parking
The expo is supported by the Macular Degeneration Center Fund and media sponsor OregonLive/The Oregonian, in partnership with the Oregon Commission for the Blind.
For media: Photo-ops of cutting-edge technology demos, visual aids and art exhibits by Oregonians with vision loss. OHSU Casey Eye Institute faculty and Dr. Robert Purvis are available for pre- or on-site interviews. If you are planning to attend, please RSVP to Ariane Le Chevallier at email@example.com.