The 2017 War on Skin Cancer Event at OHSU is free and open to the public. Attendees can:
- Attend a Melanoma Scientific Symposium and ask the experts any skin-related question
- Participate in the 6th annual “AIM at Melanoma” 5K Walk and Fun Run -- proceeds from the walk will benefit the OHSU Melanoma Tissue Bank Consortium
- Complete a family tree or “pedigree” to reveal family history and potential risk for melanoma; talk with our study team, receive feedback and potentially provide a saliva sample for future melanoma DNA research
- View photo gallery commemorating melanoma scars and stories -- OHSU dermatology resident Kelly Griffith-Bauer, M.D., will share moving photography she captured through her unique Scar Project. Learn about the people behind the scars, their journey and what they've learned about themselves, this disease and their hopes for the future.
- Visit informational booths featuring sun safety education, research project updates, the MoleMapper phone app, skin cancer-themed games and more!
Saturday, May 20, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Collaborative Life Sciences Building , 2730 S.W. Moody Ave., Portland, OR 97201
For more information, check out the War on Skin Cancer Event website.