OHSU will host an official opening and ribbon cutting event for the Knight Cancer Research Building on Portland’s South Waterfront. Funding for the research building was made possible primarily by a $160 million investment by the state of Oregon during the Knight Cancer Challenge.
- Governor Kate Brown
- Senate President Peter Courtney
- Representative Jennifer Williamson
- Danny Jacobs, M.D., M.P.H., F.A.C.S., OHSU president
- Brian Druker, M.D., director of the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute
- Wayne Monfries, chair of the OHSU Board of Directors
- Cancer survivor Rob Shick
Friday, Sept. 7, 10 a.m.
2730 S.W. Moody Ave, Portland, OR
Editors: The event will take place on the back terrace of the new building, located at the corner of S.W. Moody Ave. and S.W. Meade St. Reporters/photographers should park in the nearby Schnitzer parking lot, and gather in the designated press box on the back side of the building, near the river.
An official ribbon-cutting photo and building tour will follow speakers’ remarks.
The general public is invited to tour the building the following day on Saturday, Sept. 8, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.