OHSU will host an official opening and ribbon-cutting event for the Center for Health & Healing Building 2 and the Gary & Christine Rood Family Pavilion on Portland’s South Waterfront. Uniquely designed in close collaboration with patients, families and employees, these buildings exemplify an integrated, holistic approach to health care.
- Danny Jacobs, M.D., M.P.H., F.A.C.S., OHSU president
- Gary and Christine Rood, philanthropists who donated $12 million to create the Rood Family Pavilion
- Wayne Monfries, chair, OHSU Board of Directors
- Kelly Schrader, chair, Credit Unions for Kids Advisory Board
- Carolyn Olsen, Knight Cancer Institute patient
Friday, April 12, 11 a.m.
Elizabeth Caruthers Park
3508 SW Moody Ave, Portland, OR 97239
Editors: The event will take place in a tent at Elizabeth Caruthers Park, located at the corner of S.W. Curry St. and S.W. Bond Ave. Reporters/photographers can park in the nearby above-ground gravel lot off S.W. Moody and S.W. Curry St., and gather in the designated press box on the back side of the tent. Questions can be directed to Amanda Gibbs, firstname.lastname@example.org.
An official ribbon-cutting photo opportunity and building tours will follow speakers’ remarks.