For the first time, members of the public will be able to purchase items from the Doernbecher Freestyle 2019 Collection, featuring Nike footwear, apparel and equipment designs created by patients of OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital.
The year’s collection also includes six limited-edition designs of the new Nike Air Zoom Pulse, a shoe created specifically for health care workers.
All profits from the sales will benefit OHSU Doernbecher.
Attending media will be able to take photos and video of the patient-designers and their families as they launch their collections, sign autographs and share stories of their inspiring medical journeys.
- Doernbecher Freestyle 2019 patient-designers and their families:
- OHSU Doernbecher physicians, nurses and staff
Saturday, Dec. 7, 10 – 11 a.m.
638 S.W. 5th Ave.
Portland, OR 97204
Doernbecher Freestyle represents a partnership between Nike and OHSU Doernbecher to provide young patients facing serious medical conditions the opportunity to design limited-edition footwear and apparel to support the children’s hospital. Now in its 16th year, the program has raised more than $27 million to support clinical care, help cover the cost of care for families in need, and expand pioneering research that benefits children around the world.
Beginning Saturday, Dec. 7, the Doernbecher Freestyle 2019 Collection will be available for purchase at select Nike retail and partner stores:
- Footwear will be available at Nike Portland, Seattle, Atlanta and Las Vegas; and at Shoe Palace, DTLR and Sneaker Room.
- Footwear will also be available via SNKRS Pass at Nike NYC, Chicago, The Grove and 21 Mercer.
- Apparel and equipment, and the limited-edition Air Zoom Pulse Doernbecher Freestyle designs, will be available on nike.com.
- In addition to the complete Doernbecher Freestyle 2019 Collection, a limited quantity of the Air Zoom Pulse will also be available at Nike Portland.