Oregon Health & Science University on Saturday, Oct. 28, will host a safe storage event on its Marquam Hill campus. The public is invited to learn about different options to safely store firearms and medications, and dispose of expired or unused medications. Safe storage options will be for sale at a discounted price.
Protect children and vulnerable adults by safely storing firearms. Learn about different storage options. Free cable locks will be given out by OHSU Trauma Program and OHSU Doernbecher Injury Prevention. Have a chance to win a biometric lock box. There will be multiple types of firearm storage devices for sale by the OHSU Doernbecher Tom Sargent Safety Resource Center at discounted prices. Stop the Bleed class information will be available. Bleeding control kits will be available for purchase.
Learn how to protect your family from accidental poisonings and what to do in case of a poison emergency. Oregon Poison Center will be on site to answer questions and provide education. OHSU Doernbecher Tom Sargent Safety Resource Center will be at the event teaching safe medication storage practices and selling storage options at discounted prices. OHSU Pharmacy will be available to write Naloxone prescriptions for those interested in this life-saving medication.
OHSU invites you to safely and responsibly dispose of unused or expired prescription medications during a nationwide Take Back Prescription Drug event. It is free and open to anyone. This is a “no questions asked” event.
OHSU will accept:
- Expired or unused prescription drugs
- Over-the-counter and off-the-shelf medications, including vitamins and pet medications
OHSU will NOT accept:
- Sharps or syringes
- IV bags
- Bloody or infectious waste
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Aerosol cans
Saturday, October 28
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
3286 SW Research Drive, Portland, OR, 97239
- Once you get on campus, drive past the entrance to parking garage C.
- Up the hill, shortly after the parking structure, to the right, you’ll see a white sign for Research Drive; turn right and then right again to enter the parking lot above the C garage.
- The event will be on the lawn near the big fountain.