Oregon Health & Science University will announce a major gift at its Center for Health & Healing South Building Project groundbreaking celebration.
- Joe Robertson, M.D., M.B.A., OHSU president
- Cynthia Grueber, OHSU interim senior vice president and executive director of OHSU Healthcare
- Jill Viggiano, Patient & Family Advisory Council member who has been involved in the design of CHH South from the beginning.
- Donor: to be announced at the event
Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 10 a.m.
OHSU Center for Health & Healing
3303 S.W. Bond Ave., Portland, OR 9723
Editors: Reporters/photographers should gather in the first-floor lobby of the Center for Health & Healing; they will be escorted to the event location.
The CHH South Building Project comprises two buildings:
Health care facility:
- Surgery and interventional procedures
- Clinical and research space for the Knight Cancer Institute, including oncology clinics, an infusion area and space for clinical trials
- Clinical space for the Digestive Health Center and Preoperative Medicine Clinic
- Retail pharmacy
- Lab services
- Healthy food options
- Open waiting spaces and access to outdoor terraces
Guest house building and parking garage:
- 76 units for patients & families
- Laundry facilities on each floor
- Indoor/outdoor spaces for children to play and adults to relax
- Communal kitchen and dining room
- Exercise space
- Conference center
- Space for a future urgent care center