Oregon Health & Science University is very pleased to announce that OHSU and Graduate Researchers United bargaining teams have reached tentative agreement on a new four-year contract during the second mediation session, held Monday, Aug. 15.
Highlights from the tentative agreement include:
- Increases to stipends over the life of the contract for School of Medicine, School of Nursing, and School of Public Health: $37,593 effective two full pay periods following ratification; $40,000 in July 2024; $40,700 in July 2025; and $41,100 in July 2026.
- A lump sum payment upon ratification.
- An increase to OHSU’s contribution to dependent insurance coverage.
- A reduction to out-of-pocket deductibles for benefits.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion protections and definitions in the contract.
Additional details related to the tentative agreement will be shared soon.
GRU members will be asked to vote to ratify the new contract. If ratified, the contract will become effective the second full pay period after ratification.
This tentative agreement is a huge accomplishment, and OHSU appreciates the dedication of both bargaining teams for their time spent reaching this agreement.