AFSCME Local 328 membership has voted to ratify the new three-year contract with OHSU. Many aspects of this contract — the result of months-long negotiations — will be effective at the start of the second full pay period after ratification, which aligns with Nov. 11 paychecks. Other specific aspects of the contract, such as certain technical implementations and task forces, will go into effect later, as agreed upon by the OHSU and AFSCME bargaining teams.
Included within the contract are:
- Across-the-board wage increases: 7% the first year, 5% the second year and 5% the third year.
- A ratification bonus.
- Increased opportunities for preceptor pay.
- Increased weekend differential.
- Improved leave, including bereavement leave and a new well-being leave bank.
- A minimum Additional Need Incentive (ANI) rate.
- Changes to Additional Work and Assignment of Overtime processes.
- New committees and task forces.
This is a huge accomplishment, and we appreciate the dedication of both bargaining teams for their time spent reaching this agreement and their support of our valued employees.