OHSU and AFSCME bargaining teams met in a mediated bargaining session on Thursday, Sept. 15, and stayed at the table well into the early hours of Friday morning.
After nearly 19 hours at the bargaining table, the teams reached tentative agreements on many items including:
- 8.3 Merit-based adjustments
- 8.4.3 Upward adjustment
- 8.4.5 Flexible employees
- 8.5.3 Promotion
- 8.7.1 Upward reclassification
- 11.1 Recognized holidays
- 11.2.1 Compensation for work-unit holiday closures
- 15.1.4 Flex employee eligibility
- 22.1.1 Education and training hours
- MOU recognizing Juneteenth as a floating holiday
Continuing to work toward a new contract, both the OHSU and AFSCME teams submitted confidential “supposals” for consideration. The teams will pick up where they left off in the next mediated session, scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 20.