Members of the Oregon Health & Science University and Graduate Researchers United bargaining teams met in-person Tuesday, March 21, in their fifth collective bargaining session.
- Article 8, sections 8.8, 8.9 and 8.10 – Overpayments and Underpayment: Citing FERPA constraints, OHSU responded to GRU’s proposal that would require OHSU to contact the union in cases of overpayments and underpayments. OHSU also provided an additional section regarding treatment of overpayments and underpayments for a third payment mechanism (Accounts Payable). OHSU agreed with GRU to include contact email addresses when overpayments occur.
- Article 19 – Non-Discrimination: OHSU countered with updates to the article from the last contract to incorporate existing policies and more clearly outline avenues for filing complaints.
- Appendix on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: OHSU accepted much of GRU’s proposed language, while providing some additional framework that would reference OHSU policies in cases where the appendix and policy are in conflict.
- New article – Contract Education and Misinformation: GRU presented a new proposal that outlines a formal mechanism and procedural remedy for dealing with situations of misinformation regarding the contract. The new article would create a committee to work on issues that are commonly misinterpreted.
- Article 8, sections 8.8, 8.9 and 8.10 – Overpayments and Underpayment: GRU countered the language that would require OHSU to advise the Graduate Researchers (GRs) of their right to receive help from the union and provide them with a GRU contact email address. GRU maintains that after 14 days, overpayments made following notification to the appropriate OHSU office will be retained by the GR.
- Article 2 – Recognition Clause: OHSU and GRU reached a tentative agreement on the recognition clause. Of note, the new language in this section addresses GRs that are at facilities not owned and operated by OHSU.
The teams will next meet virtually on Tuesday, April 4, with bi-monthly-to-weekly meetings as determined by the teams.