Members of the Oregon Health & Science University and Oregon Nurses Association bargaining teams on Wednesday, April 26, met for in-person negotiations at OHSU, exchanged several counterproposals, and provided information about where proposals sit.
With all initial proposals on the table, this week the parties exchanged several counterproposals.
This week the ONA team shared 3 counterproposals:
- Article 19, Posting and Filling of Positions, responding to OHSU’s January 25 counterproposal. ONA’s counterproposal included many agreements, as well as language regarding posting, interviewing priority, and extending the transfer introductory period with employee agreement.
- Article 22, Grievance and Arbitration, responding to OHSU’s January 11 counterproposal. ONA’s counterproposal included many agreements, as well as retained language on grievances of demotions, union representation at pre-grievance meetings, and redefining Association (group) grievances.
- Appendix D, Transition to Practice Program, responding to OHSU’s January 25 counterproposal. ONA’s counterproposal included TTP hiring/posting paths, definition of completion of a TTP program, and discussion of the timing of the payback commitment.
OHSU provided two counterproposals for ONA’s consideration.
- Article 5, Definitions, responding to ONA’s April 12 proposal. OHSU’s counterproposals included agreement on adding definitions for split and cross-trained positions, and pivot nurses.
- Article 7, Hours of Work, responding to ONA’s April 12 proposal. OHSU’s counterproposals included agreement to reduce the seniority to request extra weekends off from 12 to 10 years, limitations on temporary shift changes to 12 weeks, and restrictions on when an employee on call may be required to use their personal device.
OHSU also responded to ONA’s inventory of Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) and provided a chart showing all proposals to ensure that the parties are aligned about what proposals have been made and whose turn it is to respond on each.
The parties did not reach tentative agreements this session.
Negotiations will resume May 3, 2023, in-person at ONA.